||Hosted by |
The ICB 2016 (9th IAPR International Conference on Biometrics) organizing committee is seeking candidates for the Doctoral Consortium (DC) that will be held in conjunction with ICB 2016 in Halmstad, Sweden. Eligible candidates include:
- PhD students who will be graduating soon;
- researchers who have recently completed their PhD program (after April 2015).
The DC is a networking event that will offer motivated researchers an opportunity to interact, receive mentoring, and discuss employment opportunities with senior researchers (mentors) in academia and industry.
The DC event will consist of a poster presentation and a luncheon. The luncheon will include a panel discussion in which students may ask questions and seek advice from the mentors. Prizes will be awarded to the best poster based on mentor voting.
Researchers interested in participating in the doctoral consortium should submit an application to the DC chairs with the following information:
- name, university, department, and name of advisor;
- copy of the researcher’s curriculum vitae;
- PhD graduation date or expected graduation date;
- a one-page statement discussing the researcher’s career goals and indicating whether she/he is seeking a career in academia or industry (this will help in mentor selection);
- copy of a peer-reviewed and published paper in which the researcher is the first author.
Applications should be submitted as a single PDF file via email to the DC chairs (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com) with the subject: "ICB 2016 – Doctoral Consortium Application"
DC participants will be selected based on the strength of their application. Successful applicants are expected to participate in all DC events. Note that DC participants should inform the chairs in advance if they cannot attend the conference for any valid reason.
- Deadline for applications submission:
April 24, 2016May 8, 2016.
- Notification of acceptance:
April 29, 2016May 11, 2016.
Doctoral Consortium Chairs
- Laurent El Shafey, Idiap Research Institute, Martigny, Switzerland
- Emanuele Maiorana, Roma Tre University, Rome, Italy
|Center for Applied Intelligent Systems Research (IS-Lab/CAISR), School of Information Technology, Halmstad University, Sweden|